The spoken word was the first technology by which man was able to let go of his environment in order to grasp it in a new way.
[Source: Marshall McLuhan]
This is a live, ongoing list. Please suggest your favorites in the comments section if you don’t see them here and I will add as appropriate. Thanks.
Business News Podcasts
- APM Marketplace Business News
- NPR’s Business Story of the Day The top business story of the day from Morning Edition, All Things Considered and other award-winning NPR programs.
- NPR’s From Scratch Reviews the entrepreneurial life with leading pioneers from the business world, the social sector, entertainment, and the arts. Personalizes the lives of entrepreneurs by providing listeners with a candid, first-hand view of the launching process.
Personal Finance Podcasts
- CNBC’s Fast Money I’m not a fan of CNBC’s Cramer the Screamer, but I enjoy Fast Money – balanced show with at least 5 different viewpoints
- NPR’s Marketplace Money Personal finance program that takes an intelligent, interesting and informed look at the effect money has on us, and in turn – what affects our money.
- NPR’s Planet Money Well-researched look at how macro-economics (and micro-economics) affects our day-to-day lives
- Duct Tape Marketing Podcast Small business marketing podcast from John Jantsch of Duct Tape Marketing
- Freakonomics Explores “the hidden side of everything,” with stories about cheating schoolteachers, self-dealing real-estate agents, and crack-selling mama’s boys
- Fred Wilson’s AVC Blogcast A podcast of Fred Wilson’s AVC Blog
- TED Talks Business Some of the world’s greatest innovators, entrepreneurs, and business researchers share their stories and insights from the stage at TED conferences, TEDx events and partner events around the world.